Happy Sexth of July - 7/4/12
Due to a lack of interviews, the holiday season, and my dear co-host being out of town, I decided to do a live show for the first time, and talk a bit about the history of sex in Amurrica! Although it was a bit of an irregular show, I hope you really enjoyed it, and I hope that you check out some of the other resources listed below. I had a lot of fun reading these articles, and I tried to share what I thought was best, but each link has waaaaay more stuff than I could talk about on-air in 30 minutes.
A lot of what I wanted to talk about on the show was that every day, every month, every year, America is changing, sometimes for worse, but a lot of the time for the better. We've made huge strides not only in civil rights regarding gay marriage, but with sex and sexuality in general. It's finally becoming more OK to talk about sex, and hopefully someday we'll be as healthy and open about sexuality as our fellow humans in European countries.
If you have any questions, comments, etc. about the show, feel free to leave comments or e-mail us! We would love to have a conversation about whatever's on your mind!
- FAQ to The Kinsey Institute
- "The History & Future of Sex" by Marty Klein, PhD
- "Making War, Not Love: A French View On Sex In America" by Pascal Brunkner
- "Delta Venus" by Anaïs Nin
- Sexual Revolution via Wikipedia
- "C'était Une Histoire D'amour" by Edith Piaf
- Satie: Gnossiennes #5 (Modéré)
- "Memoir of a Future Past" by Ezekiel Honig
Tune in next week!